PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
As Valikonağı Gayrimenkul ve Turizm Yatırımları A.Ş., we can record, store, process and share your personal data with third parties in the ways and methods permitted by the Law no 6698 on Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) in accordance with the framework stipulated in such Law. The purpose of this text is to provide you with information about the Law and your rights under the Law.
General Information about Law
The Law no 6698 on Protection of Personal Data was accepted on March 24th, 2016 and came into force on April 7th, 2016 upon being published in the Official Journal no 29677 on the same date.
In accordance with the Article 32 entitled ‘Effective Date’ in the Law no 6698 on Protection of Personal Data; the Articles 8, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 of this Law came into force six months after the date of issue, i.e. on October 07th, 2016, 6 months after April 07th, 2016.
The Law no 6698 on Protection of Personal Data was accepted to protect the fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals, mainly the confidentiality of private life, in the processing of personal data and to regulate the obligations of the natural persons and legal entities processing the personal data and the procedures and principles to be respected by data processors.
Information by Data Supervisor
As Valikonağı Gayrimenkul ve Turizm Yatırımları A.Ş., we will use your personal data in the capacity of Data Supervisor in accordance with the Law no 6698 on Protection of Personal Data and the relevant legislation.
How can your personal data be processed?
In accordance with the Law no 6698 on Protection of Personal Data, we, Valikonağı Gayrimenkul ve Turizm Yatırımları A.Ş., acting in the capacity of Data Supervisor, can conduct all processes that can be done over data such as collecting, storing, maintaining, modifying, re-arranging, re-explaining, transmitting, taking over, making available, classifying or preventing the use of the personal data by means of fully or partly automatic means or non-automatic means that are a part of any data recording system.
What are the purposes and legal reasons for processing your personal data?
We will process your personal data to provide our customers with services in line with the requirements of the contract and technology and to improve the products and services provided to you by us in accordance with the Law no 6698 on Protection of Personal Data and the relevant legislation.
Information about the individuals or organizations to which we can disclose your personal data
For the above-mentioned purposes, we can disclose your personal data to the following individuals/organizations their affiliates such as our main shareholders, our direct/indirect domestic / foreign affiliates; our service providers, business partners, program partner organizations, domestic /foreign entities and other 3rd parties from which we receive services to conduct our operations.
How is your personal data collected?
Your personal data can be collected verbally, in writing or electronically through our website, by our sales and marketing department employees, forms collected during customer visits, digital marketing and the channels such as call center etc.
What are your rights under the Law no 6698 on Protection of Personal Data?
The Article 11 of the Law no 6698 on Protection of Personal Data came into force on October 07th, 2016 and your rights after this date will be as follows in accordance with the relevant article.
(1) Everybody can apply to the data supervisor and is entitled:
- a) To know whether their personal data has been processed or not,
- b) If their personal data has been processed, to ask for information about processing of such data,
- c) To know the purpose of processing of personal data and to know whether such data is used in accordance with the purpose,
- d) To know the third parties inland or abroad, to whom such personal data has been disclosed,
- e) If the personal data has been processed incompletely or wrongly, to ask for correction of it,
- f) To ask for deletion or disposal of personal data, which has been processed in accordance with the conditions described in the Article 7,
- g) To ask for providing information to third parties, to whom such personal data has been disclosed, in connection with the deletion or disposal made in accordance with the items (d) and (e),
- h) To object to the occurrence of any negative results about data owner through analysis of the processed data exclusively by automatic systems,
- i) To ask for the indemnification of the loss suffered due to the processing of personal data in violation of the law.